A few things to note about the reinstatement process:
- All missing service items (booster packs, elixirs, henchmen, seamstress, and 2nd chance chests) purchased during the weekend will be refunded at 200% of the purchase price in Crowns.
- Any House deeds purchased for Crowns will be refunded. Houses purchased with gold are also being refunded in Crowns.
- All recovered items will be placed into your character’s bank. If an item was questionable for any reason, we opted to simply duplicate it and give you a second copy. Feel free to sell these for gold, or give them to other characters on your account.
- If more than one Wizard on your account was affected, please be sure to check all banks to ensure that you have received everything that was lost. Your bank(s) may be very, very full. At your first opportunity, please review it and move items if needed.
- If you have a missing quest, please return to the original quest giver and accept the quest again.
- We did the best that we could to recover all progress from our backup system, but some experience and quest completion progress may have been irretrievably lost. In the most extreme cases, we were not able to recover some newly created, low-level Wizards (typically lower than 5th level). We are continuing to look into this issue, and will provide further retrievals where technically possible.
- As a gesture of apology and a thank you for your patience this week, we will also place a special egg in your backpack (or bank, if your backpack is full) which will hatch into a rare FireBat pet.
- Additionally, we have credited each affected account with 2,500 Crowns in addition to any that you may have purchased. This credit is being extended to free-to-play users as well as paying customers.
Please note that if you are playing the game when your items are restored, you may get a pop-up saying that someone has logged in using your account. DO NOT PANIC! This is a result of our customer support team looking into your issue. Also remember that because this is a manual process, it may take longer than usual for us to respond. We value all of our customers, and we promise to review EVERY Wizard as quickly as possible.
On behalf of KingsIsle, please accept our sincere apology for this service interruption. Know that we are doing everything we can to ensure that it never happens again. We value your time and continued support of our game, and hope that you and your family will continue to be a part of the growing Wizard101 community.
J. Todd Coleman
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.